Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 31, 2013

Working on some OWH sketches...

I thought it was a good day to upload some recent pictures of cards I've been doing for OWH and some for Emeritus Senior Living.  The "E" Sisters and I, and Lynn (from their church) helped the residents make cards for their facility yesterday.  We got done in 45 minutes!  Our popularity is growing.  My friend, Mary, looked totally disappointed we didn't have more for them to do.  I know, Esther, I know...more card kits!


This Thank You card was one I took to Emeritus.  Card stock and B&T papers and ink are from Stampin' Up.  The stamp is from Inkadinkado.




This uses a Penny Black stamp to go with the flowered B&T paper from K&I - Bloom (some of the paper donated by the director at Emeritus).


This card uses an OWH Sketch #25, papers from my stash, ribbon from my stash, and the "Hello" stamp is from Whipper Snapper Designs.  The ink is Pumpkin from Stampin' Up.



These cards were for their "Caring Card Box" which is available to residents to choose cards for their use for all occasions.  Many of the residents do not have a lot of available cash for buying cards, or do not have the ability to get to the store to buy cards.  So I think it's great they now have an avenue to find something to give a friend or a family member.


* * *



The following cards are for kits that were taken to the last OWH card making session, or will go to the next one.





OWH Sketch B5 (ruffled card:  the wavy stripes on the bottom are separate pieces popped up along the bottom of each stripe with dimensional tape)
Card stock - Stampin' Up
B&T paper from my stash
Stamp - Stampers Best
Ink - Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise
         CTMH Vinyard Berry



Card stock and B&T paper from Stampin' Up
Stamp from CTMH Alphabet singles
Ribbon from my stash


This card was made for Any Hero letters.  We try to put in a handful of letters to the troops in each box of cards that go to Sandy too.  She puts a big Ziploc bag of letters in each box she sends over to her contacts.  When we make cards, we start each session with writing one or two notes to the troops before we get down and crafty.  All of these supplies I had in my stash and the stamp is that great Thank You stamp from Inkadinkado.


Another variation on the last one.



OWH Sketch #63
Card stock and B&T paper from my stash  (and some more of that cute "cloth" paper with the little houses on it from our donation from the director of Emeritus)
Stamp - Penny Black
Ink - Memento Black
Paper flowers and heart shaped brad are from my stash
And it isn't too obvious, but the red background was run through my Cuttlebug Hearts embossing plate.




OWH Sketch #63
Art Impressions - "Happy Birthday Wild Thing"
Stampendous - Changito Guitar
Card stock and B&T papers from my stash



OWH Sketch #8
Sentiment - Stamper's Best (OWH Valentine Collection, fund raising set)
Star - Stampin' Up, Words of Courage set
Card stock and B&T papers from my stash
Ink - CTMH Star Spangled Blue



OWH Sketch #37
Sentiment and cross stitch stamp - Paper Smooches, Needle Little Love
Zigzag stitch stamp - Hero Arts
B&T paper - Stack 7 by DCWV
Button brads from my stash



And finally...here is another collection of cards I made for Any Hero mail with things from my stash.   I used up a bunch of stickers and some leftover images from other projects as well as a bunch of patriotic paper I had been squirreling away.  I hope they make some serviceman or woman smile and know that they are truly appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment