Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 2, 2013

December already?

Well, I see I've been VERY bad at keeping my blog updated this past couple of months.  I guess it's partly because Grant has been using my camera for a photography class he took this term, which is nearly over, and partly because fall and Christmas approaching have kept me busy.  OK...and the ooh shiny thing.  LOL

I did get a new camera this weekend.  With Pete and Grant egging me on (OK, it didn't take too much convincing), we went to Best Buys and got me a new digital camera.  It's small and compact and easy to use and it's RED, like our new Scion we bought ourselves last month.  Well, that isn't the real reason I bought it, but it's a bonus.  This is a Samsung SMART CAMERA with WiFi connectivity, 10x zoom lens, 24 mm Ultra Wide Angle and 16.2 megapixels.  I intend to upload pics more often now.  I love the other camera, but it is very big and kind of hard for me to handle.  (I'm a delicate flower, don't ya know?)

Now, on to cards...

I will post some cards I've made this fall that have gone on to OWH and some to friends and try to catch up.  Then, with paperwork (can we still call it that in this digital age?) out of the way, I can hit my craft table and get going on my Christmas cards.  I have some made already, but lots more to do because I LOVE sending Christmas cards.  I know most do not send them anymore, but I still love the tradition of writing out folks addresses and putting stamps on envelopes and taking them to the post office and sending them on their way in those blue old fashioned post boxes.  I'm not as ADD as that actress in that movie with the guy* (her name and the movie name escapes me right now) that put her Christmas cards in the box one at a time and then checked the pull down flap after each one to see that it did indeed go into the box, but I do enjoy that act of shoving them in the box.  :)



These are some we made at an OWH party this fall that went into a box for Sandy.  






And these are ones I made.  Most of the design ideas come from OWH sketches and some just come from my musings after looking at the OWH site, the OWH blogs, the FB page, numerous magazines and just ideas from my other card making buddies.  We love to CASE (copy and share everything).





One of my many Any Hero designs.







I computer generated the sentiment for this one.
DP - We R Memory Keepers/Passport Stamp/Mail Cancellation
DP - Red Petite Prints/Doodlebug Design, Inc.
CS - Brown mat SU Chocolate Chip
Card base - stash





Sentiment - Computer generated
CS - CTMH Vinyard Berry
Ink - CTMH Vinyard Berry
DP - Gingham CTMH Vinyard Berry
DP - Flowered paper from my stash
Stamp - Letters CTMH "Pen Pals"





Stamp - Paper Smooches - Circle of Honor OWH fund raising set.
DP and CS from my stash.





CS - stash
Sentiment - CTMH "One of a Kind"
Ribbon - CTMH
Heart is from some gift tags in my stash






Sentiment - Hero Arts "This is Big"
CS - stash
Ink - SU Tangerine Tango
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Peeled Paint





The following 4 cards are ones I made at Tracy Nolta's card making classes.  She is a SU demonstrator and has one class a month.  It's fun, stamping, socializing and getting new card ideas!









These are Any Hero cards I made that were shared with my other besties at OWH card making meetings at Ellen's and East Woods Presbyterian Church and Emeritus Senior Living.  And most of them have been written in and sent on their way to the troops to bring cheer and a shout out from Vancouver, WA.  We <3 our troops.


Thanks for stopping by.  Stay tuned for more Christmas soon.  

*Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment