Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 28, 2014

OWH goes for a Western Challenge. Yee-haw!

The challenge this week is to make western theme cards for one of OWH's contacts.  Well, it just so happens, I DO have some western type stamps, so I dug them out and made some cards to send to Sandy.  I do not have any herds of wild horses stampeding across the plain, or cowboy type stamps, but I think these will work.  I hope you enjoy them...I had fun making them.

The following two I made using a stamp set from CTMH called Southwest Pottery.  I do not believe they make it anymore.  I've had it over 10 years.  It was fun to get it out again.


CS - stash
Striped DP - My Mind's Eye - Wild Asparagus
Ink - SU Soft Suede
Sentiment - Hero Arts / OWH - Dude
Ribbon was in a multi-pack of ribbons I received for some entry on the OWH site.  (I'm sorry, Sandy, I don't remember what I won this for, but LOVE the ribbons.)
Brad - stash



The treatment of the stamps here just shows portions of them, but there are 4 and they really are very nice pots.  
DP - Jet Set Sunny - Shimmerpaper - KI Memories
Ink - CTMH Autumn Terracotta
Raffia and brad - stash



Image and Sentiment - CTMH "Howdy" set
CS - CTMH and some more of this YELLOW paper Sandy gave us at one of the OWH card making sessions a couple of years ago.  Yeah, still trying to use it up.  :)
Ink - SU Soft Suede and Memento Tuxedo Black
Image colored with Copics
Spilled milk - Creme Pearl Pen



OK, OK, cowboys don't herd dairy cows, but I told my husband that she kicked over the milk pail because she wanted to roam the prairies with her western bovine cousins.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Yee-haw.


No comments:

Post a Comment