Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 28, 2014

Christmas ornament with a circle punch...

Joanne Masury  posted a picture of a card using Christmas ornaments she saw at the post office. It gave me a great idea for a card and I have tons of Christmas theme card stock/paper, so I whipped this out.  This is going to be one of many I'm making to mail out this season.

I punched out probably a thousand (I exaggerate) circles with my CTMH 1 1/4" circle punch,  For the finding at the top of the Christmas balls, I cut strips from some metallic textured CS I had in my stash, cut those into about 1/2" pieces and used mini glue dots to attach to the back of each circle.  Then I stuck the balls down on the green CS in a random fashion with 1/2" glue dots.

Finally I heat embossed the gold sentiment ball (from a CTMH Christmas set) and popped it up with the Precious.  I like it.  :)







Card stock and design paper are from my stash.  The Gold embossing powder is by Stampendous.



(Update 11/29/14:  I wasn't happy with the green and red CS I used on the first one, so I replaced it with some new CS I bought at Craft Warehouse.  The label only says it's a Super Value Pack of acid/lignin free paper , "Christmas", in assorted red, green and white paper, distributed by Petersen-Arne, Eugene, OR.  I think I like the brighter color on this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment