Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 17, 2015

I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling....

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Here are the awesome cards I've gotten this year for my birthday.  I LOVE having a group of crafty friends.  <3



My first birthday card came from Sherry Varga.
I love the embossing and there is even embossing on the flower petals and leaves.
Just lovely.




This gorgeous card is from Peggy Biggs.  
Look at the luscious chipboard image, the lovely washi tape and the gorgeous rose sticker and transparency leaves and butterfly.  




Pretty pretty card from Ann Merkins.  
She used sparkly Mod Podge on the napkin image.  
Yeah, I got some and now want to try it.




This one is from Bonnie Clark.  
I love the shiny photo corners and there is a gold butterfly inside next to the verse.  Such a nice card.  
There were a couple of birthday napkins inside as well to add to the napkin/Mod Podge craze we've been going through this summer.  I'll be up to my elbows in MP for months.




Connie Griffin sent this one.  So lovely.  
Inside it says life is a great big canvas, throw all the paint on it you can.




From my dear friend Cora Johnson, a super Vera Lane image.  
A cat, my favorite.  And I love the collage look of this.  Great use of Magic Mesh.
I guess they no longer make this stuff,  but I have a small stash of it.  
I should use more of it on my cards too.




Linda Jackson and I are both cat-a-holics, so she had to send one with a cat.
The second image is from the inside.  Such a great card.
She said that Cora has told her you CANNOT send a naked button, so she tied the baker's twin on these two buttons and it took her 45 minutes, so she would never use buttons on cards again. I guess I broke Linda.  (hangs head) I will treasure this always, it's surely going to be worth a lot of money one day.







Pam Tetrealt sent me this one.  I love this sketch and will probably CASE it.  She told me she is moving to WA one of these days, so perhaps we can meet up IRL soon.  Cupcakes, my favorite.




From Raeanna Smith with a lovely decorated enveloped done on her Gelli Plate by her son.  Colorful confetti was included.  Whee! 
 (I was forewarned by another card sent to someone else, so I opened this one very carefully.)




This one is from Cindy Rapson.  
She said she didn't actually make this one herself, she got it in a swap, but she really liked it and hoped I would too.  Yeah, pretty card!  I have got to try one of these easel cards!



And of course, in one of HER wonderfully decorated envelopes too.






This is from Seongsook Duncan.  I love these colors
She is a SU! demonstrator and I wish we were closer so I could take classes from her.
Maybe next time we're down in Sacramento I'll get a chance to meet her in person too.
And yum, another cupcake.




Sherry Hickey sent me this one. She says us former hippies have to stick together.
Former hippies?  LOL
I think this is a Vera Lane image too.  I have to go cyber shopping...
Sherry's ribbons are just delicious.




From Annie Frazer.  So stinkin' cute!  
Happy freakin birthday, inside.
Cats in Hats!




From Cheryl Baker.  She told me she saw this image (or stamp?) at Craft Warehouse and it screamed
TK TK TK TK.
Yeah, my friends know me.




Deb Fisher sent me this one.  LOVE.
The balloons have glittery highlights on them.  So cute.




Debbie Caldwell sent me this one.  
She said she made it a long time ago and has been saving it just for me!
The cat was made with punched circles.  Look at that cat's nose!




From Joanne Masury.
She got a Misti and posted this one a couple of months ago showing how nice the repeated images stamp using that.  I told her how lovely I thought it was, so she sent me this one.  Love it.




From Paula Spagnuola.
I love all the happy colors and patterns on this one.  You'd think it would be too busy with all those patterns together, but it's lovely.  I love this one.




Here's one I got from Vikki Baucom.
Oh yeah, this is us...Perfect!




Ronni Unger sent this one.
 Such a great card, along with several sheets of embossed card stock and coordinating pieces for my crafting pleasure. 




Then a day later, a box arrived from Ronni with all these goodies in it!
Insulated tie dye lunchbox FULL of stickers, napkins, some stamps, embellishments, buttons and twine.  Holy cow!  I was all verklempt.





And it's only my birthday today.  I can imagine there will be a few more cards in the mail this week.  I am truly blessed.  Thank you all so much.

~~~




And my favorite today was this post on FB by Trev.


Happy Birthday Mom! I know it's only a little past midnight for you. Sorry I can't be there in person, but I'm doing my best here to make you proud of me. Have a great birthday and do some fun things! I love you!!



~~


Squee!  the birthday cards keep coming.  I love my FB friends.


~~


Maxine Mann sent this one.  The colored panel was done with different colored inks and Perfect Pearls.  I have to find these now.  I love the embossing and vellum sentiment with heat embossing.  Just Lovely.

Inside is says:
"The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly & lie about your age.
 -Lucille Ball"





I got this one from Joyce Streeter-Rogeau.
Just a gorgeous card.  Layered and popped up, the pic doesn't do it justice.  The ribbon had cotton balls in it to keep it from getting smashed flat in the mail.  Also included was a lovely piece of card stock and design paper to I can make one myself! 




Cindy McNeil sent me this adorable tag card.  SO cute.  I love Whipper Snapper images too.




Just all kinds of gorgeous on this one.  From Ann Ullery.  I love the shiny gold embossing on the image panel and the butterflies have sparkly on them too.  Enclosed were additional fall themed napkins too.  I should have bought that gallon of Mod Podge I found last month at Blicks.




Adele Silverman sent me this one.  I know some are getting tired of Minions, but I think they are a hoot.  And she enclosed a hand crocheted bookmark.  I always need a new bookmark.  She said I could use it as a torture tickle device too.  Hmmmm, don't give me ideas.





This one is from Kris and Greg.  LMAO.




And from Uncle Jack and Aunt Annie, they're such a crack up.
I've always loved my Uncle's sense of humor since I was a little girl.





~~

Then I got this in the mail on the 18th!  I'm so spoiled

Lily Pak makes the loveliest Asian inspired cards.  This scan doesn't do it justice.
She included a couple more napkins for the MP pile.






No comments:

Post a Comment