Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sketches and challenges...

I've been meaning to enter some challenges and today I think I will do just that!

There was a MWT (Midweek throw down) on OWH of Masculine cards, so I whipped out a few.  Taking a sketch, or a theme or just matching papers gives me such inspiration.  Well, I'm having a blast anyway.  LOL  I hope you like them and let me know if there is a particular thing you really, really like, or a technique you love, or a paper, or color...because you know I will be using it for inspiration.  :)  Thanks for visiting.




This one is made with great masculine papers I had in a huge stack, but have lost the cover, so I don't remember who makes it.  It's nearly gone now.  *

OWH Sketch #02
Sentiment - CTMH "Sweet Talk"
Bakers twine and tag was from my stash
Ink - CTMH Pepperwood






OWH Sketch #04
Card stock from my stash
DP - KI Memories - Cody Playbook
Ribbon - American Crafts
Sentiment - TPC Studio "Reel Me In"
Ink - CTMH Pepperwood





OWH Sketch #12
Card stock from CTMH
Blue marbled paper from Blick Art Materials (Used to be Art Media)
Ink - Blues from CTMH, Black from Memento
Sea Theme stamps - Stampin' Up "Open Sea"
Sentiment - Inkadinkado "Travel Time"






Card stock - CTMH
Embossed with Cuttle Bug folder
Fabric paper (with little houses) -
DP - KI Memories Jack & Abby Neighbors, Self Adhesive Cloth "paper'
Sentiment - Hero Arts "Right at Home"

---

These are card kits I made for our card parties at Ellen's house, or at East Woods Presbyterian Church.  We have another one on Monday, so I've been busy making some to take.











This darling little butterfly is a scrapbook cut out that came in a box of goodies Sandy sent home with me in May for our stamp group when I stopped by to drop off a box of cards for OWH.  I have a bunch of topiary bushes and flowers and kids baseball caps from that box too that are turning into cards too.  Thanks Sandy for the largesse.

OWH Sketch #01
Cart stock - my stash
Butterfly - MM's Designs  
Ink - CTMH Peach Whip
Memento - Black






This one I made with kids in mind and another cut out scrapbook embellishment (race car) from Sandy's box of goodies.  I had the chipboard popsicle and figured since it was summer now, it wouldn't hurt.  Stay cool!

Sentiment is from Penny Black and card stock and DP were in my stash.









I'm a little sad that it doesn't show it better in this picture, but the sheet of "paper" in the typewriter is a separate one cut out and slid in behind the typewriter bale and then popped up at the top with a little piece of dimensional tape.  I learned on a typewriter much like this, so it takes me back to high school and our lovely soft spoken teacher Miss Peterson.  Ahh, thanks for the memories Hero Arts stamps.  

OWH Sketch #01
Card stock and DP - Stampin' Up
Memento - Black ink
Tim Holtz - Tea Dye
Typewriter - Hero Arts "Thanks"
Sentiment - Hero Arts  "My Type"




* I found the info on the masculine paper I used on this one.  It's by DCWV "The GUY" Stack.  So many wonderful MAN pages to play with.  I'll be posting some more soon because I'm using up more of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment