Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Using a digi I've had for ages...and a stamp set that hadn't seen any ink yet.

I've been trying to go through my supplies and trying to use things that haven't seen the light of day (or ink) yet and explore more OWH Sketches.  I found a digi in my box of "images" that I had printed out, but never got around to coloring or using on a card.  I think the size of "Cal, the California Cow" by Michelle Perkett Studios just intimidated me.  But I colored him up, cut him out, then matted him and put him on a tropical background and I think it worked out just fine.  I think he's so cute and now I'm sorry I used all 8 images I printed out.  I may have to print out some more and make them for next year.  I am afraid, this late in the summer, it's probably past time for summer images.  We are coming up on fall, winter and Christmas themes now so we can get them to our shippers.

One of the OWH card makers mentioned that the cards we make are full of love every step of the way.  Just think about it... the cards are made with love with our hands...then they are  sent to the shipper who handles them with love...then they are sent to the troops who pick out the card they love, write in them with love and send them home to loved ones who open them with love and read and re-read them with love...it just boggles the mind.  Just thinking about all the loving hands that have touched these cards every step of the way....YOU KNOW THEY ARE FULL OF LOVE.   I thought that was a pretty wonderful way to think about what I do.  Another Thank You for Sandy thinking up Operation Write Home.  <3




Anyway, here is Cal:


OWH Sketch #B22 (my variation)
DP - CTMH
Glossy Accents - sunglass lenses  (It's pretty subtle and I'm sorry it doesn't really show in the pic but, I know it's there.)
"Cal" the cow digi (2010) - Michelle Perkett Studio





And OWH can always use general themes like "missing you" and "love you", so here is one using a stamp set by Lawn Fawn that hadn't seen ink yet!  Virgin Acrylic!





OWH Sketch #29
DP Authentique
I believe the salmon pink card stock behind the postcard is CTMH, and it was stamped with the cancellation image from the Lawn Fawn set.
Sentiment and postcard - Lawn Fawn "You've Got Mail"
Memento ink - Tuxedo Black



Now, go out there and have a wonderful, creative day.  If you make cards too, I hope there is some inspiration here.  It always gives me inspiration to look at other peoples card shares too.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment