Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 30, 2014

October card making fun...Triple Time Stamping, a Music challenge and a final Halloween card.

10/20/14

I thought it was time to jump on  the "Triple Time Stamping" band wagon, so here are some cards I made using this lay out.  Cindy Rapson shared a YT video on it on FB made by Jennifer McGuire, a super crafter and a big name in the business.  Awesome videos!  I'll be going back to get more of her stuff, you can be sure of that.

Anyway, here are the cards I made and I'm sure I'll be making more of these.  I think they look great. (She said unabashedly.)  And there are so many other ideas to try with this, I will certainly be back on the band wagon later.





This one will also go to my friend Cora for the Thankful card swap on Seongsook's FB page.  Don't tell her, because I haven't mailed it yet.  (shhhh)


Sentiment - Hero Arts / Thanksgiving
Small Oak leaf - Hero Arts
Wheat Spray - Hero Arts
Small Maple Leaf & Small Birch Leaf - Stampendous / Fall Foliage
CS - SU Black
Baker's twine - stash






I should sent Cora this one too because she suggested a coffee/tea challenge earlier in the month and I never got around to making one in time or posting it.  We are both great believers in quantities of coffee.  Yum.



Sentiment - Whipper Snapper Designs
Coffee bean and Coffee Pot - CTMH
Ink Pepperwood - CTMH
Memento - Tuxedo Black
Button / Baker's swine - stash
CS - SU Black


~


10/23-24


Dry Embossing and Music



We had a challenge in our group this week for anything with music in some way, so you know I HAD to do this one.  I even thought about making a card for every music stamp I own, but actually there aren't that many. I may keep adding some because it's near and dear to my heart.  (And some of these haven't even seen ink yet.)

The sentiment and image are one stamp from CTMH that I've had for ages and have hardly used.  It's really a cute stamp.  I popped it up with some of the Precious on top of the embossed pink card stock.  I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder that has sheet music on it.  The black CS is from SU, the ribbon and quarter note embellishment are from my stash.  That cute little lacy border on the bottom was from a punch I borrowed from my dear friend Ellen.  She's in the middle of moving into an apartment, so she said she wouldn't be needing it for awhile.  I should make a lot of borders while I have it.  :)  And ink by Memento - Tuxedo black.


~


10/27


And here is my final Halloween card that I sent out this year.  I had so much fun getting my stamps out again.  The last couple of years I don't think I made any Halloween cards at all, and it's a shame because I have a whole drawer full of Halloween stamps.  To tell the truth, if you asked me why, I would say just because they were so dang cute, because after all, Halloween isn't really a holiday folks celebrate, you know?  

And this one has a CAT.




No comments:

Post a Comment