Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 17, 2014

Southwest Pottery

October 6, 2014

Hello, thank you, love you, happy birthday...are themes that are always useful, for my own card drawer and for OWH.  So I dug out my Southwest pottery stamps and decided to use them.  And because someone on our new FB stamping group page (Seongsook's Stampers) suggested a masculine card, I thought these would make some nice masculine cards, or cards I could send to my relatives that are in Nevada...so off I went!





Sketch - CTMH Card Confidence Program
SW Pots - Viva Las Vegas Stamps
Hello - Kathy Davis / Inkadinkado
Diamond background - Whipper Snapper Designs
Ink - 
Pots - Kaleidacolor / Creole Spice
CTMH / Peach Whip
SU / Old Olive
Card stock - stash


~


The pot on these cards were stamped with one stamp from a set of four by CTMH / Southwest Pots.
I stamped it on chalkboard paper, then heat embossed it with white embossing powder and fussy cut it out.  The pink paper is Mulberry paper was gifted to me by my BFF, Lanora Spady.  I have a little bit of Mulberry paper in my hoard of craft supplies, but she gave me a lovely pack of all different shades and I thought it would be perfect paired with the pots.  Thanks Punky, still loving you like I did when we were teenagers and I cherish the times we get together with our other two cohorts, Kathy Teyler Jarrett and Dorothy Stude Cottingham.  (They'll always be Teyler and Stude to me.)
hee hee

I made several of these cards in pink and also light orange Mulberry paper for my next box to OWH.  I'm sure there is a sketch in the OWH sketch book that has this design, but I don't have the number of it handy.  It's one of the early sketch ideas, I think.  I know I made a similar design when I first started making cards last century, when I was getting into this fun craft and going to CTMH parties with Amy Baker and friends from work.  

I love how old friends still touch our lives even years later.  I hope they get a smile knowing I'm thinking about them when I create.





Happy Birthday sentiment - Hero Arts / Thanks
Fibers are from my yarn/fiber stash
CS and Mulberry Paper are from my stash
Ink - Memento / Tuxedo Black





I made a couple each with Thank You and Love You on them.



Now I want to go back to the SW and feel the warm dry wind blowing on my face, or maybe I'll just check out a Tony Hillerman novel and lose myself in the Four Corners.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment