Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 12, 2015

The tag card I sent out to Laurie.

I was sort of stumped with this challenge.  I haven't used tags much on cards and didn't really think I could do one that was mainly centered around a tag.  But, my BFF and I were going out to lunch with two other friends Friday the 6th and she wanted to stop at Craft Warehouse first.  Would I mind?  LOL...

While perusing crafts at Craft Warehouse, I found this large chipboard tag and thought, I could make a card/door knob hanger out of it!  I had already stalked Laurie's page for pics and found her lovely dog, so I stole a copy of that to use on the front.  Then I got a Hero Arts Stencil that just called my name and thought I could use that as well.

When I got home, I let all the ideas percolate for later.  I was out of town Sat/Sun but figured by Monday I HAD to get that tag card going!  Our deadline was in the mail by Tuesday the 10...talk about leaving it to the last minute!  But honestly, my subconscious had been working on this for days, REALLY!   I already had the supplies and the print of the pooch so I sat my butt down and got to work.

I think it turned out really cute.  I took off the rope tie that came with the tag and added some pretty yarns and voila, TAG/Card.   I hope Laurie likes it.  (I like the bling swirl)







Hero Arts Stencil for background dots.  I swirled different Tim Holtz Distress Inks over the stencil.
The grass was made using a scrap of Olive Green SU card stock that I clipped with my scissors.
Stamps:
You Can't Ground Me... Inkadinkado
Always Jump in Puddles - Savvy Stamps
Enjoy - Lockhart Stamp Co.
Smiles - A Muse Artstamps
lots of hugs - Hero Arts
...hello... - Savvy Stamps
to one of my favorite peeps - A Muse Artstamps
Tiny Paw print -CTMH

I finished it off by painting the entire front with Mod Podge to seal the ink.  I see from this photo, it kind of made some of it bleed, oops.  But I think it turned out really cute anyway.  I should have taken a better picture of the fibers that were thread through the hole for a hanger, they were very pretty, red, yellow, gold, and variegated yarns.

I might make another one of these for me!  Of course, mine will have a cat on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment