Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A baby card for Shannon Daughtry. It's a girl! (soon)

My dear BFFTINMIP  (best friend forever that I never met in person), Shannon, is having a baby soon. We met on Navy4Moms when Trevor went into the Navy.  Shannon's husband is in the Navy Reserves and we bonded on line over recipes, crafting, having kids, missing our loved ones and being progressive supporters of the military.  She has 2 teenagers now, and a happy little miracle on the way.  I can't wait to see pictures.  She lives in Pennsylvania and I hope to get back there one day to meet her face to face.

Anyway, I've been meaning to make her a special card and found this darling idea on Pinterest.  So I got some baby yarn and whipped out a couple of skewers and knit up a little shirt, dug into my stash for papers, stamps, and voila.  A baby card to send to my dear friend.  I cut off the skewers after I knit the shirt to a more realistic length and glued some beads on the end...miniature knitting needles.  (See, I can knit!)

I can't wait to hear how she likes it.






Sentiment - Kathy Davis / Inkadinkado 
Baby Baby / Rubber Stampede
Lion Brand Baby Soft Yarn / Twinkle Print
CS - stash
Ink - SU / Regal Rose
Memento / Tuxedo Black
Glossy Accents on the heart


No comments:

Post a Comment