Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Catching up on posting pictures of cards for OWH.

I find that I've been busy making cards and not blogging about it.  :)  So here are the ones I've been working on in the last month or so.  I managed to fill a shoe box with about 100 cards that will probably be going out to Sandy at OWH on Monday.



August 19 / Using up Stickers:



Sentiment - computer generated
DP - Durham Ent. / rulers
CS - stash







"Missing U" - Hero Arts / Year Round Sentiments
DP / CS / Stickers - stash
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Baker's Twine - stash

~



August 22



Sentiment - Hero Arts OWH / Dude Set
DP - Teresa Collins / You Are My Happy
CS - yellow - stash
SU Pumpkin Pie
Brads - stash
Ink - SU / Soft Suede
Dies - SU / Perfect Pennants



GOOGLY EYES!


Sentiment - Hero Arts / You're A Winner
DP - Reminisce / Monsters
CS - SU / Real Red
Gina K.  - Navy
Ink - SU / Midnight Muse

~


August 24


Sentiment - Mama Elephant / In My Heart
Motorcycle - SU / Rev Up the Fun
Stamp images behind sentiment - CTMH / Pen Pals
Queen & Co. Washi Tape / Travel
CS and DP - stash
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps behind sentiment stamped in CTMH - Creme Brûlée & SU - Soft Suede

~



August 26


Sentiment - Hero Arts / My Type
DP - Authentique / Studious
Border DP - stash
CS - stash
Ink - SU Pacific Point

~


Sentiment - SU / Rev Up The Fun
Bicycle - Gourmet Rubber Stamps
DP - DCWV 6x6 Big Stack
CS - Gina K. / Pure Luxury Navy
Sequins - stash
Ink - SU / Midnight Muse
Memento Tuxedo Black

~


September 6


OWH Sketch B13
Sentiment - Viva Las Vegas Stamps
Bike - Gourmet Rubber Stamps
DP - SU / Birthday
CS - stash
Ink - SU / Pacific Point



~


September 25



Sentiment & Image - My Favorite Things / Scientist
DP - More of that Periodic Table of Elements Chart paper
CS - Stash
Scientist colored with Copics
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black

~



September 23, 24, 25...oh OK, 26 and 27 too.

I decided to wrestle scraps to the ground and work on sun burst cards.  I went to YouTube for a tutorial.  But for the life of me, my brain just wouldn't wrap itself around cutting the pieces for some reason.  What I should have done is go to the OWH blog about them, http://operationwritehome.org/tutorial-starburst/.  I had major brain freeze.  So I spent nearly three whole days just trying to play with the paper scraps and my paper cutter and finally just started slapping some long skinny triangles down on paper, then covered the center where the points met with sentiment elements.  I think I will not be making these again for awhile, but I think they came out nicely.  Off they go in the box.  I also used up an entire 6x6 pad - Echo Park by Lori Whitlock Paper Co. / Here and Now. Phew.  I think the scraps won.



Sentiment/heart/star - Simon Says Stamp - Avery Elle for OWH / Brave
CS - stash
ink - SU Primrose Petals
SU Pacific Point
SU Gumball Green





Sentiment - Saavy Stamps




Sentiment - Penny Black




Sentiment - Eat Cake Graphics

~


These two used scraps from 2 different 6x6 pads.
Sentiment - SU / Perfect Pennants embossed in white
Black board paper / DCWV Chalkboard Stack

~


And last, but not least is my Halloween Challenge card that will be going out in October.  Cora has been issuing a monthly challenge, and other ladies are suggesting weekly challenges.  My Red/Black/White card with the kitty posted earlier is one of those weekly challenges.  (I'm behind..I completely missed Cora's food challenge.  I was wrestling with the sun burst cards, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.)  

It's fun to make a card to send to one specific person.  I have Ronni Unger this month, so I hope she doesn't come over here to my blog before she gets it in the mail.  Shhhh.

(I didn't write the date down on this one, but it was probably during the week of the 16th if anyone is keeping track.  hee hee)






I made several of these with different sentiments and I'll send her one with a Halloween sentiment. 

Scarecrow and fall field silhouette - Karen Meder Collection by Peddler's Pack (Beaverton OR LSS)
Sentiment and branch - CTMH / Treasure Life
Row of cross stitches - Paper Smooches / Needle Little Love
Leaves - EK Autumn Leaves Border Punch
Crow - Die-Versions
Leaf brad - stash
CS - stash
Green Twine - Karen Foster Scrapper's Spools
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
SU - Old Olive



No comments:

Post a Comment