Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Cora has the best ideas....Fall Card Swap.

With the need for fewer cards at Operation Write Home (with our troops coming home, YAY!), some of us have had bittersweet feelings knowing we do not have nearly as many cards to make anymore.  Seongsook started a page where we could post our latest card creations and share our fun and art with each other.  Go over and check out Seongsook's Stampers and see all the pretty cards everyone is making.

Then....

One of our stalwart card makers, Cora Jean Johnson,  suggested a swap on FB.  Thus a new tradition was born!  We're all a little OCD or ADD or just addicted to paper/stamps/ink pads/punches/ribbon...you get the idea...and if something is worth doing, it's worthing doing a lot!  So the urge to really go all out, drag out the stuff we have been hoarding or saving for non-OWH cards and make a card for a friend became the Fall Card Swap.

This is the card I made for the name I was given, AND I got a new friend in the exchange.  Woohoo!  And truth be told, the one she made for someone else was very similar.  I swear, I did NOT copy her card.  Honest!  She said it's because great minds think alike.  That works for me.  Here is my card for my new friend Annie Frazer in Minnesota.











Sentiment - CTMH / Timeless
Trees - Hero Arts / Three Winter Trees
Bronze CS - stash
Cherry Red CS - Gina K Designs / Pure Luxury
Image colored with Copics
Ink Distressing around Image - Tim Holtz / Tea Dye
Sentiment stamped with Memento / Tuxedo Black
Leaf punch outs done with EK Fall Leaves Border Punch

~



We had such fun doing this and it's great to see everyone's cards on the FB page.  Next is Halloween, and I'm looking forward to that.  We haven't really needed Halloween cards for OWH, so my drawer of stamps for that "holiday" have been neglected the last few years.  Can't wait to get those stamps out and go to town!

Booooo!


No comments:

Post a Comment