Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Out of the Box Challenge

This month we were challenged to do something that was a new thing for us, or "out of the box" for us.  Last year,  I took Sandy's fancy fold card class and still hadn't made one.  I think I was intimidated at all the scoring, the slice and dice  needed to get the different panels, and the many pieces of card stock used to cover all of them.  So, I decided this was the challenge I would take on this month.

I started by cutting 12x12 pieces into the 12" by 5 1/2" card bases needed.  Then it was to the Scor-Pal to score the card bases in the right lengths.  This in itself caused me headaches because my Scor-Pal is large and sometimes I misread the markings, so I ran through about 8 pieces this way with my scoring being flubbed or in the wrong spot.  Sigh.

Finally, I got a couple that were good, then I had to do the cutting between the 2" and 6" scores.  I am X-acto Knifely challenged, I guess.  But I finally got them where I wanted them.  Then I had to cut down pieces to fit in all the little panels, and decided to mat each one too.  Good thing I had enough of the 6x6 pad of paper I was using to work.  I even had enough to punch out some flowers to match and hearts to decorate the card when it was all done.

I do like how it turned out and hope my friend likes it.  I am satisfied.  I want to make another one so I can have it for myself.  I may even make a fancy fold card like this again in the future!


Here is the address to Sandy's tutorial on the fancy fold card.  http://sandyallnock.com/adapted-trifold-shutter-card-revisited.







Sentiment - Jillibean Soup / Handwritten Sentiments
DP - Graphic 45 / Botanical Tea
CS - stash
Ink - SU / Pacific Point
Waxy Flax - CTMH / Crystal Blue
Flower punch - SU
Buttons - stash



No comments:

Post a Comment