I started by cutting 12x12 pieces into the 12" by 5 1/2" card bases needed. Then it was to the Scor-Pal to score the card bases in the right lengths. This in itself caused me headaches because my Scor-Pal is large and sometimes I misread the markings, so I ran through about 8 pieces this way with my scoring being flubbed or in the wrong spot. Sigh.
Finally, I got a couple that were good, then I had to do the cutting between the 2" and 6" scores. I am X-acto Knifely challenged, I guess. But I finally got them where I wanted them. Then I had to cut down pieces to fit in all the little panels, and decided to mat each one too. Good thing I had enough of the 6x6 pad of paper I was using to work. I even had enough to punch out some flowers to match and hearts to decorate the card when it was all done.
I do like how it turned out and hope my friend likes it. I am satisfied. I want to make another one so I can have it for myself. I may even make a fancy fold card like this again in the future!
Here is the address to Sandy's tutorial on the fancy fold card. http://sandyallnock.com/adapted-trifold-shutter-card-revisited.
Sentiment - Jillibean Soup / Handwritten Sentiments
DP - Graphic 45 / Botanical Tea
CS - stash
Ink - SU / Pacific Point
Waxy Flax - CTMH / Crystal Blue
Flower punch - SU
Buttons - stash